is a LEED Certification?
Kelly Gale of KLG
Architecture is a LEED AP BD+C
The LEED AP Building Design + Construction denotes professionals
participating in the design and construction phases of
high-performance, healthful, durable, affordable, and
environmentally sound commercial, institutional, and high-rise
Credential maintenance requirements:
LEED APs must maintain their credential by earning 30 continuing
education (CE) hours every two-year reporting period
WHY Certify your project with LEED:
Certification provides independent, third-party verification that a
building project meets the highest green building measures. LEED
certification is the internationally recognized distinction that a
building is environmentally responsible, profitable and a healthy
place to live and work.
There are both environmental and financial benefits to earning LEED
• Lowering operating costs and increasing asset value.
• Reducing waste sent to landfills.
• Conserving energy and water.
• Developing healthier and safer buildings for occupants.
• Creating compact and walkable communities with good access to
neighborhood amenities and transit
• Protecting natural resources and farmland by encouraging growth to
be located in areas with existing infrastructure.
• Reducing harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
• Qualifying for tax rebates, zoning allowances, and other
incentives in hundreds of cities.
• Demonstrating an owner's commitment to environmental stewardship
and social responsibility.
Sustainable building strategies should be considered early in the
development cycle. An integrated project team will include the major
project stakeholders such as the developer/owner, architect,
engineer, landscape architect, contractor, and asset and property
management staff. Implementing an integrated, systems-oriented
approach to green project design, development, and operations can
yield synergies and improve the overall performance of a building.
An initial LEED assessment will bring the project team together to
evaluate and articulate the project's goals and the level of
certification sought. Project teams can utilize the resources listed
below to identify suitable strategies to achieve desired
Energy Star Rating System