Granliden Golf Course, Sunapee, NH
Details, Details, Details. This whole project was about turning a tired, chopped up two person retreat into a home the Owners are proud to invite their grown kids and their budding families to come enjoy.
After talking with the clients, this is what we came up with:
- In the spirit of first impressions, we replaced the narrow, decaying entry ramp with a grander low maintenance Trex Product. Then we replaced the box store screen with an upscale one that is much more inviting. New trim, Flashing and paint completed the exterior facelift.
- We made the existing galley kitchen into a space two could enjoy creating a meal together in. Updated the appliances, lighting, fixtures & finishes.
- We moved the washer & dryer to the lower level, freeing up space for the New Pantry/ Bar area and much needed powder room where it is convenient to the home owners and guests alike.
- The original foggy exterior slider was replaced and a tile walk-off area was added to address the existing moisture problems.
- The unsafe deck was completely redone. New Balusters & low maintenance Trex decking replace the ‘chicken wire’ & aged wood deck. We worked closely with the condo association to come up with a detail that they would approve- they liked it so much that they have made it the standard for other units being updated.
- We chose to open up and celebrate the boxed in stair. Now it is a more inviting transition to the New Family Room below and bedrooms above. We also adjusted the stair configuration to fix the headroom issues to the sleeping loft and the walk out basement.
- We extended the finishes into the Living Room with tile & granite at the energy efficient fire place.
- Up a level, we expanded the Master Bath to include a new walk-in tiled shower.
- We installed new dimmable lighting and ceiling fans in the bedrooms as well as upgraded the finishes and brightened the whole paint scheme.
- We furred out the interior of the roof to provide adequate insulation in the thermal envelope keeping the Guest Sleeping loft cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- New built-in shelving, draws and storage closets tucked behind the 5’ knee walls, freed up the floor space for the beds, cribs, sewing table and impromptu puzzle or board game areas needed for housing the extended family.
- Downstairs we carved a Family Room out of the under-used basement added surround sound for family movie time.
- We included a reading nook for the grandchildren to call their own, including cell phone charging station, outlets, shelving and adjustable lighting.
- We tucked the new laundry room beside the utility room allowing for more flexibility in the family room beyond.
- Lastly to make the whole place more comfortable, whatever the season, we installed a new multi head mini split, two stage air source heat pump system. No more electric baseboard throughout! We tucked the unit in a hidden, protected corner under the deck, detailed the outside trim and painted what we added to match the siding. The condo associating was thrilled….as this opened up options for other unit owners who were complaining of the high cost of electric heating.