Sutton Highway Garage
Preliminary Plans, Code Review, Site Plan
The town of Sutton had a town garage designed by other firms and on different sites, up for vote for several years running. KLG Architecture was approached to design a no frills slightly smaller version that would be less costly and fit on their existing site. The town vote approved the new design and the building was completed soon after.
- Wetlands along the back of the site.
- Salt Shed on the site is to remain.
- Wire/ Utility right of way at the front of the site.
- Tight site plan that needed careful study to coordinate turning radiuses, storage of equipment, fire access, a diesel fuel station, a generator and area for snow storage.
- Find the right mix or balance between taxpayer Pride and having them think the building to extravagant.
- Assist the town in finding the right construction company for the job.